Our application approval process is designed to be flexible and considers the Applicant's current circumstances to be the most important. Each application is scored based on a variety of criteria, including:
1. Rental history
2. Job history and income
3. Credit worthiness
4. Criminal background and other behavioral factors
Each application generates a proprietary score that determines either Approval, Conditional Approval, or Rejection. Applicants with lack of rental history, a "forced move" (see definition below***), less than ideal job history, low income, criminal record, and/or poor credit may result in Rejection or Conditional Approval (best case). Conditional Approvals may require a co-signer and/or prepaid last month's rent. A few factors will result in automatic Rejection.
Factors causing Automatic Rejection:
1. False information on the application
2. Conviction for any violent felony, drug trafficking, or sexual crime. More than 3 convictions (felony or misdemeanor that results in probation or jail time) in last 10 years. Outstanding arrest warrant or pending criminal charges.
3. Net (take home) monthly income less than 2 times the rent amount, unless a suitable co-signer.
4. More than 1 "forced move" in the last 5 years or more than 2 "forced moves" in the last 10 years.
***We define a "forced move" as a home rental or ownership experience that ended badly, including foreclosure, eviction filing (unless dismissed in-full or proof balance was paid), moving without notice, lease broken, lease terminated by landlord, or an unpaid landlord collection more than $500.
If you have any questions about our rental criteria or how they would apply to your circumstances, please contact us.